Uh, it's been a week already?
This is awkward.
So a couple coolio things from this week!
We went on exchanges with the STLs. I went to Palm Bay 1 North with Sista Prows. We met this dude in his garage while we were walking by. He and his friend were sitting there talking and I noticed he was wearing a cross around his neck. We asked "do you have faith in Jesus Christ?" He said "no." (Oh, that must be a fashion statement then.) Sister Prows said "What keeps you going?" Homeboy says "weed". Uhhhhhh..... Whattodowhattodowhattodowhatto
Sister Prows: "Well if you ever want to change your life, here's this website you can check out (hands pass along card)
Dude: "If y'all ever want to party, let me know"
Sister Sassafrass (aka me): "Yeah, IF that ever happens, we'll let ya know"
We had a big Day of Service on Saturday where we painted some rooms in a foster home type place. It was tons of fun and I got paint all up in my hair. That's it, I'm chopping it all off.
B-Money got the Priesthood yesterday and will be going to the temple soon to do baptisms! Woo! We're actually going on a temple grounds tour this week with some investigators. My homegirl Rachael is coming and I'm so excited! She's so cool and I can't wait to be there with her!
We have this super solid investigator, Darrick, and his cute son, Darrick Jr. They're both very religious and love having us over and reading the Book of Mormon!
We've been teaching this adorable family, a single mom with three young girls and a boy on the way. The middle girl picked flowers for Sister Skousen and I and we wore them I'm our hair. Oh my gosh I love kids. I want one okay.
We did service at Daily Bread again, this time at the thrift shop (what, what). We went to lunch across the street at this dope place called "Mustard's Last Stand". I don't even like hot dogs, and this place was the BOMB! I got a junkyard dog which had chili, cheese, fries, ranch and grilled onions. It was heavenly.
Today has been a wonderful P-Day!! We went to Brusters (praise the Lord) and ULTA. It's about dang time! I miss make up. Oh, so much.
Things I despise about being a missionary:
1. Every time I hear a good song in the store or when some thug pulls up next to us with his gangsta rap (free sin) and I can't pull out my phone and Shazam so I can find out what song it is so I can use it in my dance classes
2. Only being able to listen to music on LDS.org. I hate the stupid EFY CDs. I've made up my own words to some of them. I've also made up spoofs about the gospel set to the tune of worldly music. Gotta stay sane somehow okay.
3. Backing. In the words of Amy Poehler, " I'm not trying to be dramatic, but I'd rather be shot in the face than back another missionary vehicle." What? She didn't say that? That's weird.
4. Not being able to wear purple lipstick.
Things I love about being a missionary:
1. Being a missionary
2. Loving literally everyone. Seriously.
3. Seeing MIRACLES every. day.
4. All the free food ️
I love and miss you all! Thanks for the support!