Monday, July 31, 2017

FREE MAKEUP πŸ’„

Hey y'all! This has been quite the eventful week here in Deltona!!

Monday
Sister Schwendinger and I had a very lazy, relaxing pday. We only left the apartment to drop mail off at the post office. I ❤ lazy days.

That night we had a return appointment with Tracey but she wasn't home πŸ™„ 

So we went straight to finding. So much fun. 

Then we taught Sister Davis and my day got 1,000,000,000 times better. She is on fire!!!

Tuesday
We had service at Heart and Home and we did some fun organizing. I love organizing. People could pay me for that. I should be on TLC or something. 

That afternoon, my favorite thing happened!! We met with Michael (Taco Bell/Facebook boy). Y'all. Michael is SO prepared. Danielle and Mason came with us to the lesson and they were AWESOME member missionaries. Mason had wanted to play basketball in the gym (we met at the church), but when we started the lesson he said "actually, I want to be here for this". That kid gets it. He's my bud. Anyway. We taught Michael the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and he was just asking all the right questions. At the end, we all knelt down and Michael offered the closing prayer. In it, he asked God "is the Book of Mormon true?" And "should I be baptized into the Mormon church?" We had told him ahead of time that we would be silent after the prayer to allow the Spirit an opportunity to speak to Michael. We sat there for a minute, then Michael piped up and said "Okay, I have a question... what's it supposed to mean when you feel that excited/nervous feeling like when you're about to take the first drop on a roller coaster...?" πŸ˜³ WELL MICHAEL, LET'S READ SOME SCRIPTURES ABOUT THE SPIRIT, SHALL WE πŸ“– πŸ“– πŸ“– Y'all it was intense. He reminds me of my convert, Ben, from Bunnell. Just so prepared and so willing to put effort into learning!!  He is getting baptized in just a few short weeks πŸ˜Š 

That night we stopped by to visit Chris and/or Jessica (the brother and sister that live together) and a different guy answered the door. It was Jessica's boyfriend, "Q". We told him how we'd taught Chris and Jessica about the Book of Mormon and he was super interested! He said one of his favorite football teams is Mormon.. oh, you mean BYU?? Yep. Small world. So we gave him a copy of his very own and he was so excited. And so was I. 

We also contacted a referral from the Relief Society President. She lives right across the street from them, and after we had talked to Chelsea on the porch for a while and left, Sister Nuesca texted us and asked "how did it go???!!" Hahaha she was watching from her window the entire time πŸ˜‚ 

We read with Sister Davis again. Usually my favorite part of the day. 

Wednesday
We had district meeting and that was a blast. I love my district. I gave a thought on President Clark's weekly email, which was all about becoming a consecrated missionary. The Spirit told me to share my experience with getting lice on my mission and having to cut off my highly coveted 15 inches of hair. If that's not consecration, I don't know what is. Nothing can stop the work of the Lord. Not even lice. Sorry, not sorry, Satan. 

We met with Michael again and this time we brought Jose, a YSA kid from the ward that wants to go on a mission. We sat outside the church so it was a little hot n' spicy, but we dealt. We taught the Plan of Salvation and it was so smooth. Michael just gets it. I love that guy. 

Then we visited Sister Moseley, my super sassy southern friend. I don't remember what we were talking about, but she called me a heifer and I just died πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ she's probably the only person I would allow to do that. She said she only teases me because she likes me so much πŸ˜‰ 

We had a pretty productive Ward Coordination meeting which was a blessing. Then we visited with Sister Chateau, who hasn't been to church in a long time. She's a sweet heart. 

Thursday
We stopped by Suleidy like we usually do and we got to come in and teach her again! We've had pretty good luck with catching her lately ☺ Did I tell y'all that she and her kids came to Danielle and Mason's baptism last week?? She really loved it. So anyway, we read with her in the Book of Mormon in Mosiah 24. It was perfect for her because she's experiencing a lot of trials, but these scriptures brought her so much comfort. It's what they do. I love the scriptures. 

We met with Michael, yes again, and brought Brother Johnson with us! He's the Elders Quorum President and was just perfect fellowship for Michael. We taught Michael the Gospel of Jesus and some of the commandments. He expressed to us that he was concerned because he hasn't been the best with keeping some commandments in the past. We told him how none of us are perfect, but because of Jesus Christ, we can repent and be forgiven. He looked at us, completely bright-eyed and asked "...so I can still be baptized..?" OH MY HECK YES YOU CHILD OF GOD!!! πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­ Michael is a special soul. What a guy. 

We had a video lesson with Salomon that night and taught him the Plan of Salvation. He thought it was pretty rad. Same, bro. He said he knows he needs to be baptized, he's just nervous to leave his other church. #prayforsal

Friday
We met with Rod at Wendy's and he told us that we helped him to win a bet. He said "I told the guy at the counter before you came that two pretty ladies were going to come meet me here. I just made $20." πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ y'all, Rod is a hoot. He loves to joke. So we sat down with him and we were trying to address some of his concerns/misconceptions about the church, but to no avail. He's pretty firm in his ways. But he reads from the Book of Mormon every now and then and hasn't missed a day of church in like 6 weeks now. Yesterday at church, Brother Osteen talked with him about getting sealed to his wife (she recently passed away), so I'm hoping that resonated with him a bit. Either way, I love having that funny old guy around. 

We went on a temple tour that night with Danielle and Mason and Salomon and guess who I saw???
IMG_5409.JPG
MAH MAN GARY!!!!  He's my investigator from Lake Nona!!! He is getting baptized August 12 and I am SO pumped!!! He saw me and gave me a big hug. Twice. Hahahaha. I love this guy so much. 

Saturday
I was on exchanges with my girl SISTA BRADY!!!
IMG_5404.JPG
We were in the MTC together, and here in a couple of short weeks, we'll be going home together. I love her so much. It was so good to be with her and just reminisce on all that has happened in the last 18 months. It's WILD. Also, I discovered that we are the same person. 

We taught her investigator, Will, and it was SO amazing. The poor guy has seen a lot of dark days, but he SO BADLY wants to change his life. I love this special gift that I was given when I was set apart: the ability to feel God's love for His children. It's incredible. I've never LOVED people so much before. Especially when working in retail πŸ™„ But seriously. I could feel how much Heavenly Father loves Will and just wants him to come home to Him. What an amazing experience that was. He about cried. And so did I. 

I just had a total BLAST with my girl Sister Brady. She spoiled me and we just did werk. I wondered why we were never companions and I realized this is probably why:
IMG_5403.JPG
We're too cute together. πŸ€·πŸ»‍♀️ 

But one day we're gonna dance our butts off together and it will be a glorious, long awaited day πŸ’ƒπŸ» 

Sunday
Sister Moseley came to church and I was so happy!! We also taught 3rd hour because it was combined. We taught about Missionary Work, obviously, and I almost let it slip that I'm going home in two weeks. Oops. But I recovered. Everyone's going to be so shocked when I finally tell them. Oh well. 

Danielle had an interview with Bishop after church and got her temple recommend and patriarchal blessing recommend! I'M SO PUMPED πŸ™ŒπŸΌ 

After that, we had lunch with the Montalvans with Danielle, Mason, and Salomon. Danielle got on to Salomon about not putting in enough effort to read the Book of Mormon and find out for himself if the church is true. It was fire. What a missionary she is. God love her.

THEN when we came home and finished up with all of our accounting and such, we. Had a photo-taking spree:
IMG_5577.PNG
IMG_5576.PNG
We got matching shirts at Heart and Home and it's probably one of the best ideas we've ever had. Gotta dunk 'em all. 

SO. ABOUT THE TITLE. Some wonderful, blessed member in the New Smyrna Beach ward gave Sister Brady a bunch of free make up recently, and she gave me the stuff she didn't want. Do y'all know how much I love make up?? I like it a lot okay. So much. So I'm playing with my new little beauties and I've fallen in love with this concealer from Urban Decay, right? It's so much better than my last one. And I had this realization: make up is like the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It only works if you APPLY it. You got dark circles? Apply concealer. You got guilt? Apply the Atonement. See what I mean? I could go in to more detail, but I'm out of time. So basically, just use the Atonement, because it's already there. Christ suffered and died for you, so be grateful and use that gift He's given you to be happy. Okay? Okay. 

Have a stellar week!!
Mucho amor!
Sister Yance

No comments:

Post a Comment