Monday, July 17, 2017

Mouth of the South.

*cue "Full House" theme song*

*enter Bob Saget*

πŸ‘πŸΌ πŸ‘πŸΌ πŸ‘πŸΌ πŸ‘πŸΌ πŸ‘πŸΌ πŸ‘πŸΌ πŸ‘πŸΌ πŸ‘πŸΌ 

Bob: πŸŽ€ "Afternoon, everyone! Welcome to the always exciting weekly update of Sister Yance's adventures in the FOM. I hope you are all as excited as I am for her BIRTHDAY this SATURDAY!! Let's turn the time over to the woman of the hour.... SISTERRRRRR YANCE!!!!"

πŸ‘πŸΌ πŸ‘πŸΌ πŸ‘πŸΌ πŸ‘πŸΌ πŸ‘πŸΌ πŸ‘πŸΌ πŸ‘πŸΌ πŸ‘πŸΌ 

🎀 Wow, thanks, Bob. What a pal. Hello family, friends, and secret admirers. This week has been ridiculous. So much has happened that I don't think that one measly email will do it justice.

*starts laughing hysterically because we all know that these emails are anything but "measly"*

Monday we went to this suppa cute produce place and encountered an orange that's almost as wide as me:
IMG_5019.JPG
Also, my companion and I are always matching. #compunity

We ran a few more errands and somewhere in the midst of all that, I lost some of our keys. πŸ€¦‍♂️ Our mail key was on that ring, which was the absolute WORST key to lose as a missionary. So we spent a lot of time looking for those and still came up empty handed. It was also storming (because Florida) so that made it even more of an adventure. Also the Elders taught us how to play Magic. It's a card game. When I say they "taught" us, I mean Elder Vastbinder did all the plays for Sister Schwendinger, and Elder Anderson tried explaining things to me and I just wasn't getting it.. I can't.

We had dinner with the Sanchez family (the ones from last week whose mom is as obsessed with make up as I am) and when we walked in, Sister Sanchez grabs me and squeezed the heck outta me and said "OH!!! GUESS WHAT I GOT!! I HAVE TO SHOW YOU!!" She ran to her room and came back with my favorite little orange shopping bag and pulled out all the new Urban Decay "Heat" line, and made me swatch everything. So I walked out of there with some nice tribal prints. 

They fed Sister Schwendinger and me Ox tail.. that was interesting. It was actually pretty good though. No complaints. We got to talk with them more about the importance of prayer and activity in the church. Sister Sanchez is a travel nurse and was leaving the next day to get back to work.. and you know what she did??? She pulls out her phone and searched on LDS.org for a church close to where she'd be working. I love what the Spirit can compel people to do!

Tuesday we did some SERIOUS organizing at Heart and Home. Man I feel so efficient when I'm able to do that. I love being neat. After that, we got FREE SLURPEES
IMG_5029.JPG
Why is my companion so stinkin photogenic..?

Also this day, we had another miraculous lesson with Audra! She wants to be baptized on August 12, but she has an obligation at her other church and she feels bad about just abandoning them.. so if ya wanna, you can join us in praying that they find a replacement for her so she can come to church!!

We finally got to see our sweet sweet friend Sister Davis again!! She's been in Ohio visiting her son for the last 3 weeks and it seriously has not felt the same without her here!! I love her so much. I love reading the Book of Mormon with her. Hot dang I love that book. 

We did a lot of fruitless finding that night and I was SO frustrated. This one lady was just straight up rude and I just wanted to unleash my inner ghetto girl. Don't worry. I didn't. I just want people to know so badly how stinkin awesome this message is!! YOU ARE LITERALLY A CHILD OF GOD OKAY. UGH. πŸ™„ 

Wednesday we had ZTM (Zone Training Meeting). And do you know what happened???!! I had to share my departing testimony and it was the most heart wrenching thing. I can't believe its my last transfer. UGH. 

ZTM was just what we needed though because it had a huge focus on finding. What a blessing. 
IMG_5038.JPG
I love my missionary friends!!! 

After that, Elder and Sister Corder came over and helped us put up the vertical blinds over our sliding glass doors. There haven't been any coverings on them like ever and its kinda creepy when we come home at night, so we fixed it. Elder Corder showed us how to do everything, and basically handed us the tools.. and look at how well they turned out!
IMG_5044.JPG
We're developing so many skills on our missions. Wow. 

We had dinner with Sister Moseley and she called me "The Mouth of the South". I think it has a nice ring to it. It's pretty fitting. I love her.

After coordination, we got to see our favorite people that are getting baptized this week!! We had a great lesson with Danielle and Mason, and Mason even had a friend there! What a great little missionary that guy is. I love him. 

Thursday we did A LOT of finding and found SO many prepared people! We met Mike, who straight up told us he still wants to be baptized (he is a former investigator), Tameka, and Sabrina. Sabrina has 3 grandchildren that live far away that just got baptized (all converts). She raved on how much good we do as missionaries and talked about how interested she was in learning. MANNA FROM HEAVEN. 

That day we also stopped by Suleidy.. on the way there, I was thinking to myself, "she's not going to have time to meet with us.. she never does" I almost spoke up and said that we should just try her in a few days. But I drove right up to her house and before we went in, I said a prayer and asked specifically that Heavenly Father would let her be available and she would let us in so we could actually teach her something. So we go and knock on the door and Suleidy answers and says "oh you have perfect timing! I just finished cleaning! Would you like to come in?" πŸ˜³ Literal immediate answer to prayer. And her daughter was with her grandma and her her husband and step son were on vacation.. so we had her undivided attention. WHAT A BLESSING. We had SUCH a great lesson with her; she's been reading the Book of Mormon and could talk about the stories as if she'd seen it happen. I'm so proud! We ended up teaching her the Plan of Salvation, and at the end, she said a beautiful prayer asking God to make it possible for her to baptized "into this wonderful church"!! BLESSINGS. Her husband isn't the most supportive right now, so we're all praying for his heart to be softened!!

Friday we stopped by and had a quick visit with Audra. We also got to see Jessica, whom we haven't seen in forever because she fell off of the face of the earth. 

After some hardcore weekly planning, we had dinner with the Montoya Family. They speak less English than I do Spanish, but looking back at the visit, its like there was no language barrier at all. We had such a fun time. We sang "Come Thou Fount" and Sister Montoya just BAWLED. She said that her daughter (who just left for her mission in May) used to sing that all the time. What a tender mercy that must have been for her. I love being an instrument in the Lord's hands. He is so aware of all of us. 

That night, we picked up TWO MORE investigators!! AH! Sam and Lou are the coolest!

Saturday was B-U-S-Y. We did a lot of service the majority of the day.. we helped Patty pull a lot of weeds and while we were there, some other "missionaries" from a different religion showed up to talk with Patty. She shooed them away and said "you'll have to come back another time because these girls are MORMONS." πŸ˜‚ You had to be there. She was kind of protective of us. 

Then we had to help Elder and Sister Hogman move out the Hermanas old apartment. That was a hot and sweaty day...

After getting freshened up, we had some late studies and we get a call from a member in Utah saying he had a referral for us. WHAT! He said this friend had been asking questions about the church and wanted to know more. So we called him and set up an appointment! So cool!

Then Elder and Sister Hogman took us to dinner at Taco Bell πŸ™πŸΌ Bless them.
IMG_5047.JPG
They just got to the mission a few weeks ago and I'm so happy I got to spend some time getting to know them before I get transferred to Texas... 

We had a bomb-dignity lesson with Solomon that night where we read about Jonah and how he ran away from his responsibilities. We related it to him and how he's received an answer to get baptized, now he just needs to jump in! He opened up a lot and shared what's been holding him back, and I just bore testimony that God would help him overcome his trials. And now we're working towards baptism in August!! πŸ€ž 

Sunday we had an AMAZING ward council meeting focusing on missionary work. We got so much done. I loved it. Then Bishop asked SIster Schwendinger and I to speak in sacrament. In like 20 minutes. SURE NO PROBLEM. So I prayed and asked God what He wanted me to speak on and left the rest up to the Spirit. I don't even know what all I said, I just remember feeling the Spirit so strongly as I bore testimony of the Savior and of His great work. 

That night, Danielle and Mason had their baptism interviews and they both passed!!! YAYYY!!! We celebrated by singing a song around the piano. Saturday is gonna be a good day.

And Sunday will be great to because this guy will be 14!!
IMG_5074.JPG
Happy Birthday to my littlest baby Bro, Major!! I love you, you little stud!!!

Thanks for all the love!!
❤ Sister Yance

P.S. my birthday is on Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment